1.What is the cost of health care in the U.S.? What is the comparative value of the U.S. Healthcare System?
2. Who pays for health care in the U.S.? Who should pay?
3. Is individual access to health care a right or a privilege?
4. What, in your opinion, are the current U.S. Health Care System design shortfalls, if any? How would you re-design it, if needed? Who should be responsible for the re-design?
5. What are the essential provisions of the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)? What impact do you think the PPACA will have on the U.S. Healthcare System? The U.S. economy?
6. Which problems would Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) solve? Do you think ACOs present an effective solution to these problems?
7. What role do registered nurses currently play within the U.S. Healthcare System? What role, in your opinion, should the RNs play? How effective is the RN profession? Is there a common voice among the nurses in the U.S.?
8. What are the essential themes in the latest Institute of Medicine’s Report on the Future of Nursing? Do you agree with the Report’s findings?