CLIMATE CHANGE RESPONSE
MY AREA IS THE STATE OF GEORGIA
Some people you know say they don’t believe that the climate is changing. After completing this week’s readings, how would you respond?
Write a 525- to 700-word response including:
· How scientists learn about past global temperatures and climates
· The greenhouse effect
· Greenhouse gases and their role in current climate change
· One piece of data scientists offer to show that the climate is changing globally
o see this NASA website: http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
· Expected impacts of climate change in your area
o see the EPA’s January 2017 snapshot by state: https://19january2017snapshot.epa.gov/climate-impacts/climate-change-impacts-state_.html
PART 2 Environmental Pollution Recommendation
There is a concern in your community regarding the environment. You’ve been tasked to research and present the concerns to your local or state government. Perform an internet search to identify an instance of environmental pollution in your state.
· Create a 5-to 8-slide PowerPoint® presentation or a 350-to 525-word proposal.
· Identify the effects of this pollution on human health and the environment.
· Explain the causes of this pollution.
· Recommend ways to prevent/clean up this type of environmental pollution.
· Include appropriate images.
Include an introduction and conclusion slide
Use at least 2 outside references.
Format your presentation and references consistent with APA guidelines.
THIS IS THE BOOK WE ARE USING IN CLASS: Botkin, D. B., & Keller, E. A., (2014). Environmental science: Earth as a living planet (9th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons