Your Background Beliefs
Each one of us has a worldview – an interpretive framework through which we view life. Worldviews are composed of our core beliefs and commitments. They are the sum total of the background beliefs that we have.
This week, you will share some of your core beliefs that make up your worldview. These can be general beliefs or specific beliefs, but make sure they are among the most important beliefs that you hold. Refer to Chapter 1 in your book for more information about worldviews. Here are some examples of beliefs you might include:
- Human nature is fundamentally good/bad.
- It is always wrong to lie to someone.
- Anyone can succeed at a task if they put the effort into it.
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.