For this week’s discussion, we will explore psychological disorders through an unfamiliar lens. Please select a disorder from the list below that you are not familiar with, meaning you or another person you know does not have this disorder. In other words, select a disorder that you are curious about and would like to know more. In your response post:
- Identify the disorder that you selected.
- Write about what characterizes that disorder, and
- Describe what makes you curious about this disorder.
You can search https://psychcentral.com/disorders/ or https://www.nami.org/ to learn more about the disorder you choose.
Learning about a disorder that you not familiar with can help you to understand the range of disorders that are present in modern day society. It can also give you an idea of the various ways in which psychological disorders affect others.
Here are the disorders to choose from:
- Substance Use Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Insomnia Disorder
Note: If you are already familiar with these disorders, you can either choose one to research and learn more about OR you can choose a different disorder. Choose from one on this site: https://psychcentral.com/disorders/