DOC650 TUI Common Organizational Business Processes Discussion
Identify an organization you are familiar with. Answer the following questions:
- Which of the generic business processes did they seem to execute?
- What organizational element was the “lead” for each one?
- Where there any challenges between the staff elements in supporting the lead?
- Who was responsible (i.e., the lead) for the IT systems used in the above processes?
Module 4 – Background
Common Organizational Business Processes and ERP Systems
Search Terms: Finance Process Definition, Production Process Definition, Procurement Process Definition, Fulfillment Process Definition, Inventory and Warehouse Management Process Definition,
NOTE that some of the URLs change from time to time. If you cannot find the material identified, inform the instructor.
- Generic organizational structures for service or manufacturing firms. We will provide a link to a few. You are encouraged to find others.
- The Finance Process. Go to each of these websites and look at the responsibilities (i.e., the business processes) of a Financial Department.
Roehl-Anderson, J. M. (2010). IT Best Practices for Financial Managers. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley.
- The Procurement Process. Go to each of these websites and look at the responsibilities (i.e., the business processes) of a Financial Department.
Pinto, J. K., & Morris, P. G. (2007). The Wiley Guide to Project Technology, Supply Chain, and Procurement Management. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley. Read Chapter 11. You can download only this chapter.
Procurement Basics. (2015). Department of General Services. Bureau of procurement. Available at https://www.dgs.pa.gov/Documents/Procurement%20Forms/Training/Courses/Web-Based/Miscellaneous/Procurement%20Basics.pdf
Purchasing Insight. (2012, September 23). The procurement process. Retrieved from http://purchasinginsight.com/resources/the-procure…
Procurement Practitioner’s Handbook (2012). Chapter 3: Procurement Process. United Nations Global Marketplace. Available at https://www.ungm.org/Areas/Public/pph/ch03.html
- The Fulfillment Process –
Jiang, Z. (2017). Procurement management in the supply chain environment : Practical guide to understanding procurement management and enhancing procurement effectiveness and efficiency. Oxford: Chartridge Books Oxford. Textbook available in the Trident Online Library.
- The Inventory and Warehouse Management Process (IWM)
Shmula (2012, September 23), Warehouse Management Processes, Retrieved fromhttp://www.shmula.com/warehouse-management-process…
- The Manufacturing Process
Christian Mullen (2013), What is a manufacturing process?, Retrieved from,http://www.ehow.com/facts_7417479_manufacturing-pr…
IT Systems Known as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems Supporting Business Process. The following web sites are portals that can be drilled down to read about very specific ERP Systems that enable specific business processes. Find the systems that support the business processes discussed in references 1 to 6.