For Air Force
The Position Paper will provide the student an opportunity to present a reasoned argument that investigates and supports a specific position by applying research from current literature. The Position Paper requires the student to demonstrate previous skills developed in foundational communication courses along with the writing skills and strategies presented in this course.
The Position Paper is a formal paper in which the learner selects and argues a position on an issue. The purpose of the paper is to convince the reader to take the argument seriously. Therefore, acknowledgment of readersâ€™ opposing views, objections, or questions should be included. The learner will use scholarly journals, books, and periodicals to support his or her assertions. The research issue should have a limited scope or specifically defined area
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.