Gender Leadership/Culture Leadership
Types of Leadership – video
Read these three articles:
Bedard, A. T. (2015). What Candy Crush Saga Teaches Us About Motivating Employees. Performance Improvement, 54(4), 43-46. doi:10.1002/pfi.21476
Ionescu, V. (2014). Leadership, culture and organizational change. Manager, (20), 65-71. http://ezproxy.apus.edu/login?url=https://search.p…
Rincón, V., González, M., & Barrero, K. (2017). Women and leadership: Gender barriers to senior management positions. Intangible Capital, 13(2), 319-386. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.3926/ic.889 http://www.intangiblecapital.org/index.php/ic/arti…
For this forum please choose one the following two discussions for this week:
If you are a woman:
– do you feel that you have been treated differently in your work place because you are a woman?
– what have you done to overcome any biases that have interfered with your career based on gender?
– if you are interviewing for a job where three other candidates are men and you are the only woman, what, if anything, do you need to do to stand out among the other candidates?
If you are a man:
– have you had a woman supervisor and did you have problems relating or getting along with her? If so, why?
– have you ever felt cheated out of a job because the selecting official was biased in selecting a woman because there were too many men already in the office?
– if you are interviewing for a job where three other candidates are women and you are the only man, what, if anything, do you need to do to stand out among the other candidates?
As a male supervisor in a group of 15 employees and half of them are women, would you do anything differently to motivate the female employees and the male employees?
As a female supervisor in a group of 15 employees and half of them are men, would you do anything differently to motivate the male employees and the female employees?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words, not including repeated questions, references and quotes. Please respond to at least two other students. Responses should be a minimum of 100 words and include direct questions. Use your own words. Direct quotes should be rare in these short forum posts. If you do have a quote, you should add on to your post so that in the end you have 250 words of your own.