Organizations rely on financial statements to carry out important business decisions. The statements are typically compiled into a cohesive document, which allow managers to evaluate, based on various financial analysis methods. This process involves a comparison of ratio outcomes from the financial statements. Collectively, the ratios are used to execute financial analysis of business operations, to assess profitability and viability. This portion of the project requires you to apply financial analysis methods, choose the best method to evaluate financial outcomes for your case, and explain why this method should be used over other methods.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Submit a minimum 2-page report that:
- Defines and describes various financial analysis methods, such as vertical and horizontal analysis.
- Explains how and why each method would be used in an organization’s financial review process.
- Compares the similarities and differences among the methods.
- Using the financial statements for your case, examine how at least one of the methods can be used.
- Support your position with the actual ratio outcome(s).
- Explain WHY this method should be used over the others, based on case financial challenges.
- Evaluating financial statements and using financial analysis methods is a critical part of the decision to make capital investments. The goal of capital management is to acquire and maintain sufficient working capital and assets. This helps an organization meet operating and expense obligations, while also keeping a sufficient cash flow. It is also a way to confirm that capital purchases and agreements are made with ethical standards. This part of your project will require you to complete two (2) article reviews and report on your findings. Then, you will apply your findings to how capital decisions can be made in your specific case; as well as comparing your viewpoint to the authors’ and recent ethical scandal. Keep in mind that you will use your article analysis to either support or disprove the purchase of an information system in the final portion of your project.Submit a minimum 3-page report that:
- Discusses why is it more difficult for healthcare companies to get expansion financing in the today’s economic climate and financial issues with expansions.
- Describes why healthcare companies need to look beyond their banks to secure financing.
- Explains the importance of making a good case for expanding healthcare providers’ methods of calculating break-even analysis.
- Discuss non-financial factors do the authors believe need to be included in break-even analysis?
- Explain how current issues, such as the Affordable Care Act, affect break-even analysis.
- Summarizes the authors’ viewpoints and apply the concepts to your case. Also include a summary of your viewpoint in comparison to the authors’. Be sure to specifically address the methods that influence capital investments and decision-making; and explore methods of analyzing capital investments (Payback, Net Present Value, and Internal Rate of Return). This report will serve as your Capital Management section of your project.
- Analyze the key points of the Enron Scandal and specifically address how professionalism and ethics influence decision-making. How do unethical standards impact an organization’s performance and capital investments? Reference the concepts of embezzlement and losses. Explain how you maintain ethical standards in relation to Code of Ethics.
- Include an APA formatted reference page to include at least three (3) academic sources, such as a book or an academic scholarly journal, to support your topic. You should reference your academic sources by including at least three (3) in-text citations. You can use the articles outlined in the instructions, as well as information found on the Enron Scandal. Academic scholarly journals can be accessed through the Rasmussen Online Library.
Article Review #1
Read the article Expanding Credit Lines in Order to Expand which discusses the challenges related to expansion financing.
- Discuss why is it more difficult for healthcare companies to get expansion financing in the current economic situation?
- Explain the 2 major issues with the Caribbean expansion the turnaround company found and why do you think they were brought up?
- Describe why healthcare companies need to look beyond their banks to secure financing?
Article Review #2
Read the article The New Break-Even Analysis which looks at expanding how healthcare providers look at break-even analysis and includes some non-financial considerations.
- Do you think the authors make a good case for expanding healthcare providers’ methods of calculating break-even analysis? Why or Why Not?
- Discuss non-financial factors do the authors believe need to be included in break-even analysis?
- Explain how the Affordable Care Act affect break-even analysis?
The ‘Enron Scandal’ involving acts of embezzlement is one of the most well-known financial, ethic scandals in modern day history. Perform a web search of the Enron Corporation Scandal to find more information.Use the following websites on ethics to help support your course of action in upholding ethical standards.
- Five Top Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Code of Ethics
- In today’s world of healthcare, capital expenses are a common element to the financial management process. In fact, all healthcare organizations, at some point, must convert to an Electronic Health Record (EHR) system to be compatible with the rest of the world. However, this is a major capital expense that will cost many healthcare organizations millions of dollars. Purchasing an EHR system will undoubtedly require the acquisition and use of long-term assets under a capital budget.The final assignment of your project will require you to make a recommendation to finance an EHR system, based on information from previous assignments. You will compile all the information in a proposal format, which will be addressed to the organization’s executive managers. You will create a separate presentation as an overview of your proposal.Your organization is considering financing a 1.5 million dollar EHR system (if an EHR system not a good fit for your case, you can choose any major health information system/technology but the 1.5 million dollar reference should remain the same). Based on the financial outlook of your case/organization, make a recommendation to purchase or not purchase the system. You will need to draw on the material you have learned in throughout the class and assignments; as well as background information from your case description. Collectively, that information will serve as the foundation to support your recommendation.Your final Financial Analysis report should be a minimum of eight (8) pages in length, excluding title and reference pages.
- Introduction of case and financial challenges and issues; perspective of financial challenge (Introduction)
- Report on assets and liabilities, cash flows and financial position, etc (Financial Statements).
- Examination of financial analysis methods (Financial Analysis Methods).
- Interpretation of financial management and capital management; influences for capital investments and decision-making (Capital Management).
- Assessment of EHR implementation (or relevant information system) and recommendation; using supportive information from financial management assignments (Proposal)
- Summarizes and presents a collection of financial management concepts, strategies and methods; applicable to case financial position, needs and challenges.
- Make sure to use block letter formatting and proposal formatting guidelines. You will need to include a title page. Remember, your audience is the organization’s executive managers. Make sure to use proper audience tone.
- Include an APA formatted reference page to include at least five (5) academic sources, such as a book or an academic scholarly journal, to support your topic. You should reference your academic sources by including at least five (5) in-text citations. Academic scholarly journals can be access through the Rasmussen Online Library.
Your Presentation should be created in MS PowerPoint to include a minimum of seven (7) slides. You will also add a narration to your presentation that should be 15-20 minutes in length. Be sure to discuss your project components in a concise, yet effective manner. You should highlight key points of each component of the Financial Analysis Report, leading up to your EHR recommendation outcome. Include graphical displays (such as graphs or other pictorials) to add visual interest and support of your information. Use a professional tone and keep in mind that you are presenting to the executive management team; consider their interests as stakeholders.Presentation Outline
- Summary of financial statements
- Summary of financial analysis methods
- Findings of capital management influences
- EHR recommendation outcome
- APA formatted reference slide
- Develop a 5-6 slide PowerPoint presentation that covers the ethical implications of social media in healthcare. Be sure to address email communication, texting, and Facebook (at a minimum) and provide the “pros/cons” of using each in healthcare (from the perspective of the healthcare provider).Submit your completed assignment to the drop box below. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates.Save your assignment as a Microsoft PowerPoint document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.pptx” extension to the filename.) The name of the file should be your first initial and last name, followed by an underscore and the name of the assignment, and an underscore and the date. An example is shown below: