Making an informed procurement decision is an important responsibility for an information technology (IT) project manager. In this exercise, you will compare and discuss the strengths and weaknesses in the responses of three potential vendors to a request for quote (RFQ) issued by Massive Solutions International (MSI). This is a continuation of the MSI Data Center relocation scenario. To budget for the relocation, MSI has asked three vendors to provide quotes for specific tasks to be accomplished in an RFQ. Review the RFQ information and specifications as well as the responses from the three vendors.
The section below provides the RFQ questions and task specifications provided to the vendor to use when creating their quotes.
The quote is due by February 15 before 5 p.m. EST.
How long has the company been in business?
- Has the company performed work of this nature before?
- Will the vendor use subcontractors to perform the work?
- Do employees have a security bond?
- FILLER TEXT: Prepare 225 physical servers for shipment from the existing location to the new data center.FILLER TEXTFILLER TEXT: Analyze to determine if physical security processes and procedures are adequate to provide safe and secure operation of the facility.
- Click here for the responses from the three vendors. Your task is to complete the attached bid comparison form template using the information provided by each of the vendors. Click here for the bid comparison form template. Fill out this form, and use it as a part of your analysis of the three vendors to determine your choice of the best vendor to select for this work.
Your analysis should be subjective and evaluate all aspects of the data you collect as well as the write-ups provided by each of the vendors. Remember to apply the methods and processes discussed in the lesson and textbook. Use the following guidelines as you complete the Analysis, Choice of Vendor, and Justification section at the bottom of the template.
Discuss your evaluation process of the three proposals.
Compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of the three proposals.
Identify which of the three (if any) you would select to perform the work.
Justify your selection.
Your completed template should be at least three pages in length, not counting the references page. The Analysis, Choice of Vendor, and Justification section must be at least one and a half of the three pages. You are required to use at least your textbook for the assignment. You must cite and reference your textbook and any other sources used in APA style.