Choose one situation to address. This assignment must be in essay format. Your essay should be a minimum of 500 words. You must use correct grammar, correct punctuation, and complete sentences.
Your essay must also be in MLA, APA, or AP format. If you are not familiar with these essay formats, please refer to The Purdue Owl website and use whichever essay format you prefer.
Use your book to help you with this assignment. Use key terms from the chapters we have read so far, and you may read ahead, as well. However, please make sure your assignment is written in your own words. If your assignment contains more than 20 percent of material from outside sources, you will receive a 0 for this assignment. If you choose to use outside sources for this assignment, you must include a Works Cited page.
This assignment must be completed by Sunday, September 1 at 11:59 p.m. CST. For each day this assignment is late, you will receive two points deducted from your final score. For example, if your assignment is one day late, the best you can make is a 8/10 (or an 80).
Make sure you turn in your assignment on time to receive full credit. Submit your assignment as an attachment. Do not submit it as a text entry. Please email me with any questions.
1) Youth crime is at an all-time high in your community. You want to put together a public-affairs program addressing it, but your GM says no. However, your network is sending a brand new highly promoted TV movie for you to air as per your network contract. The subject: teen crime. The plot: two well known’ actors are playing likeable hoods who rob from the rich, and the poor, and keep the money. These lovable rouges show no signs of learning’ that crime does not pay, and indeed the movie glamorizes their lifestyle! So, do you run the TV movie? What do you do?
2) You’ve spent ·a considerable amount of money hiring one of the top-rated Morning DJs in the USA to work for you. WJRN has been losing listeners for over a year to another strong station that comes into your market. The competition plays whatever song they want, including songs which ‘promote self-destructive lifestyles, anti-woman-attitudes, anti-police attitudes, and licentious behavior in- general. Your new Morning Crew wants to get wild n crazy and compete head-to-head with the other guys. This could mean humor that you feel is inappropriate and demeaning, and music that is offensive, too. What will you do?
3) That expensive Morning DJ manages to raise ratings and your advertisers are falling all over themselves to hire him to do live remotes from their businesses. Then one remote the DJ (a straight single male in his early 30s) meets the daughter (straight single female in her mid 20s) of the business owner. They immediately’ become an item, but the daddy isn’t happy. And he threatens to pull his considerable advertising budget unless they it. Your DJ, who used to roam from gig to gig, is deliriously happy now and wants to work for you from this point on. Who do you make happy?
4) Another station employee discovers that your Night-time DJ is surfing porn websites while at work. You can’t tell from his on-air work but you don’t approve, and it sets a bad precedence for your other staff members. Your female DJs are upset, and you worry about how this might affect staff morale. But the jock insists it’s his right of free speech that is being impaired if you cut off his viewing. His father is a lawyer, and owns a piece of the station. How do you handle it?
5) A radio station in a beach community is holding a big outdoor party for the 4th of July. You have a big, stuffy character costume, and you want someone wearing it all day. But the high for the day is expected to be over 90 degrees. The Promotions Director arranged for one person to wear the suit all day and when you arrive there is no place for the employee to cool off while out of the suit, no cold water or sports drinks. It’s not your responsibility, but you share employees across the departments, and you don’t want anyone to get sick or hurt. What do you do?