Kaplan University Social Media Advertisement
UNIT 8 CM 107
Apply what you have learned about locating, paraphrasing, incorporating, and citing relevant and reliable secondary source information to complete the following Unit 8 Assignment:
By now, you have submitted your Unit 6 Assignment. That draft of an essay analyzes a relevant change in your field of study. You also have received feedback on this essay draft from your instructor and classmates.
You will now use this feedback to substantially revise your Unit 6 academic essay draft to submit as your Unit 8 Assignment.
Your goal is to strengthen the Unit 6 Assignment draft, improve the introduction and conclusion and organization of the draft, as well as to incorporate and cite three to four relevant and reliable secondary sources into the paper using APA format so that you support and further develop your ideas and claims.
Here are the steps to success on the Unit 8 Assignment:
- In Unit 7, learn about reliable and relevant sources and identify three to four sources you can use to strengthen and develop the ideas in your draft. Your Unit 7 Discussion Board will allow you to post a revised paragraph from your draft where you add information from one of the sources you have selected. Then you can work on the other paragraphs in your draft independently to strengthen them.
- In Unit 8, learn about APA citations and how to paraphrase your sources and cite them. In the Unit 8 Discussion Board, you will post another paragraph from your Unit 6 Assignment that you revise to include sources and citations, as well as a practice reference list of all your sources you plan to use in the paper.
- Then, once you receive Discussion Board feedback on your paragraphs and citations, you will revise your Unit 6 Assignment draft fully, to include and cite all source information used, and this will become your Unit 8 Assignment. It is the final version of the paper you began in Units 5 and 6.
Be sure that your Unit 8 Assignment submission:
- Demonstrates that you have substantially revised your Unit 6 Assignment.
- Establishes and develops a clear main point about your topic that is original and insightful.
- Analyzes either the cause or effect of the change you are addressing, without taking a position or writing to persuade.
- Organizes ideas logically and demonstrates paragraph unity and connection of ideas through the use of transition devices.
- Demonstrates that you have strengthened, supported, and developed your ideas through the incorporation of three to four relevant and reliable secondary sources from either the Library or published on the Web.
- Demonstrates that you can paraphrase relevant and reliable source information rather than relying solely on quotes from the sources.
- Applies 6th Edition APA formatting to give credit to all source information and ideas, whether you quote, paraphrase, or summarize these sources.
- Utilizes APA style to format the paper, including the title page, body pages, margins, in-text citations, and references page citations.
- Follows the conventions of Standard American English.
- Is 5–6 paragraphs or 2–2.5 pages long, excluding title page and references page.
Utilize the following 5-minute video from the Writing Center to format the title page of your paper:
APA Formatting Video
Review a sample student Assignment.
Review the Assignment rubric.
Submitting your Unit 8 Assignment:
Remember that you must use Word for this and all projects submitted for this class. When you are ready to submit, select the unit Dropbox. To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
A special feature is available to help you with reviewing your Unit 8 Assignment to help prevent plagiarism. When you submit your Assignment to the Unit 8 Dropbox, your Assignment will automatically be analyzed by the plagiarism detection tool, Turnitin. Soon after you submit your Assignment, you will be able to view the Turnitin Originality Report. Originality Reports provide a summary of matching or highly similar text found in a submitted paper. When an Originality Report is available for viewing, an icon will appear in the report column of the Assignment Inbox. Originality Reports are only available in the inbox. For this reason, you will need to download the report prior to the grading of the Unit 8 Assignment. To do this, click on the print icon at the bottom of the Originality Report. This will prepare a readable, PDF version of the Originality Report that you can save to your computer.
UNIT 9 JOURNAL CM107
In Units 3, 5, 7, and 9, you will practice your informal writing skills by writing in a Journal. Your Journal assignments will not only give you more experience with writing, but they will also offer you an opportunity to write without the stress often associated with formal projects. Journals become a way to connect course concepts to personal experiences, a place to process how things are going for you in the course, and a way to de-stress.
- As long as your response is on topic and submitted on time, you will receive 10 points for each Journal submission.
- Your Journal entries will only be read by your instructor, so think of them as being informal pieces of writing that are intended for you to express yourself and share ideas with your instructor who will provide you feedback on your Journal to encourage your growth as a writer.
Unit 9 Journal Prompt
Having learned about the most common types of documents professionals write in their careers, discuss what you think you will you be writing on the job when you are a professional in your career field: What types of documents and on what kinds of subjects. Use the following questions to help you write your response: Why are writing and research skills important to your career success? What might you need to do to make sure you understand writing expectations in your field and how can you make sure your documents follow formatting expectations and are effectively written? Feel free to research more information on writing in your field of study.
CM107 Journal Rubric
CREDIT (10 Points): Journal is submitted on time and responds to the specific topic in a well-developed paragraph.
NO CREDIT (0 Points): Journal assignment is not submitted or it may not respond to the specific topic or may be so brief that it does not develop or clarify ideas.
UNIT 8 ASSIGNMENT 1
Unit 8 Assignment 1:
The following Course Outcome is assessed in this assignment:
MT359-5: Construct sales promotion tactics.
Every sales promotion tactic a company uses will have different objectives.
As part of any integrated program, sales promotion has different functions than other marcom tools. Advertising is usually viewed as a longer-term investment since it builds brand equity by establishing a consistent image or feeling about the brand over time. In contrast, sales promotions are more immediate, involving a finite time period. In return for taking action, sales promotions offer consumers something more tangible.
Many of the reasons for using sales promotion focus around new product launches and how sales promotions can deliver trial. Sales promotion can make consumers more brand aware and generate trial as well as persuade them to buy the product again once they have tried it. It can push the product through the distribution channel by generating positive brand experiences among resellers and buyers. It is also good for building traffic for a retailer.
Promotions can also build a brand over time by reinforcing advertising images and messages. Promotions can create an affinity between brands and buyers by creating brand involvement and positive experiences that people associate with the brand. When used for brand building, the primary objective in most marketing communication programs is to build brand awareness as well as drive behavior.
Promotions are not effective in achieving all marketing objectives. For example, promotions cannot do much to change negative attitudes toward a product, overcome product problems, or reposition a brand.
Go online through the Purdue Global Library or directly to the internet and locate both a “contest” and a “sweepstakes” (These will be for two different products.)
- Briefly describe the contest and sweepstakes you found and provide a link to their sites.
- What is the main difference between a contest and a sweepstakes?
Describe the differences you found between your selections.
- What are the two main components of prizes rendered in contests and sweepstakes?
Describe the components of the prizes found in your selections.
- What role do the internet and social media play in offering contests and sweepstakes?
UNIT 8 ASSIGNMENT 2
You are to help a company set quality goals for a sales promotion for its product. From the perspective of a marketing account executive, choose the product or use your course product for this assignment.
The main objective of this sales promotion plan proposal is to promote the product to customers and potential consumers.
- You are to provide an introduction that explains the product situation — such as where the product is in the life cycle and what the overall objectives are for the product.
- Complete the Sales Promotion Plan Proposal using the template provided in Course Resources (Unit 8 Assignment 2 Template).
Review the complete Unit 8 Assignment 2 details and rubric.
UNIT 9 Assignment
Select a product or use your course product to describe.
- How would you use each of the five primary direct response tools as part of an IMC plan?
- Personal Sales
- Advertising Media
- Direct Mail
- Describe the target market for the product and explain if you would use a different tool to reach different segments.
- For each of the five tools. answer the following:
- Describe how you will use the tool for the product.
- What would be an objective for using the tool?
- How would you measure to see if your tool was working as planned?
Review the complete Unit 9 Assignment details and rubric.