Resource: How to Narrate your Presentation
Organizations often use teams to achieve work goals. Virtual teams are becoming increasingly common across industries. Research suggests that trust is an important state to cultivate in virtual teams. In this assignment, you will research and present best practices for effective communication for establishing trust in virtual teams.
I/O psychology professionals often present their findings through PowerPoint presentations. For this assignment, you will create a 10–15 slide narrated PowerPoint presentation covering best practices for effective communication in establishing trust in virtual teams. You should develop this presentation as if you were going to present it to managers who are interested in using virtual teams and narrate the presentation using an audio component.
To prepare for this assignment, you should study relevant research on this topic. Review your course readings, as well as journal articles to identify best practices for effective communication for establishing trust in virtual teams. Include the following in your presentation:
- Discuss characteristics of virtual teams.
- Discuss the importance of establishing trust in virtual teams. Present evidence supporting your main ideas.
- Considering what you have studied about communication in general, communication in teams, and virtual teams, how should virtual team members communicate with one another to increase trust?
- Present three communication approaches or strategies that are likely to increase trust in virtual teams.
- Present evidence to support why each approach would be effective.
You should apply APA Style formatting throughout your presentation, including in-text citations and a references slide.
Your presentation should include 10–15 slides (not including the title slide or references slide). You should also include an introduction and summary slide. Demonstrate best practices for effective PowerPoint presentations (see Resource).
Cite a minimum of four relevant empirical research and scholarly articles within I/O psychology and related areas. You should cite peer-reviewed journal articles that were published within the last five years. Carefully select sources after reviewing the literature and evaluating the credibility, relevance, quality, and research merit of each source.
Here are a few examples of peer-reviewed journals that publish reputable research in I/O psychology:
- Journal of Applied Psychology
- Personnel Psychology
- Academy of Management Journal
- Academy of Management Review
- Journal of Management