https://gpatargeter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/logo.png 0 0 https://gpatargeter.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/logo.png 2022-05-09 21:30:322022-05-09 21:30:32Match the causes of acid-base disorders to the acid-base problems that they cause.
Match the causes of acid-base disorders to the acid-base problems that they cause.
- An acute respiratory acidosis characterized by PCO2 > 50mm Hg and a normal HCO3-
- A metabolic alkalosis characterized by PCO2 > 45 mm Hg and an elevated HCO3-
- An acute respiratory alkalosis characterized by PCO2 < 35mm Hg and a normal or slightly decreased HCO3-
- Primary cause of respiratory acidosis characterized by a pH < 7.35 and a PCO2 > 50mm Hg
- A chronic (compensated) respiratory acidosis characterized by PCO2 > 50mm Hg and an increased HCO3-
- Primary cause of respiratory alkalosis characterized by a pH > 7.45 and PCO2 < 35mm Hg