Max Points: 150
Refer to the following links that explain the RFP process and provide a template that can be modified to suit any situation:
- RFP Sample Documents from HIMSS: http://www.himss.org/rfp-sample-documents-0
- RFP Template for Health IT: https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/request-for-proposal-template-for-health-information-technology.docx
Select one of your suggested solutions you identified in the EHR Life Cycle Presentation assignment.
Develop a 750-1,000-word RFP for an EHR hardware solution that would support the selected solution identified in the EHR Life Cycle Presentation assignment. Take on the vantage point of the informatics director at a facility in need of your solution. Your RFP should include, but not be limited to:
- A brief cover letter (100-150 words).
- Summary of company’s background information.
- Important dates.
- Contact names/resources for answering questions.
- Requirements that the hardware supplier is to support.
- Technical requirements — operating system requirements or network environment/interface needs.
- Marketing collateral.
- Any supporting document requirements.
- The selection process requirements: demonstrations, presentations, testing, install, etc.
The format of this assignment should align with that of a standard RFP.