Read the following instructions in order to complete this assignment, and review the example of how to complete the math required for this assignment:
- Read the article about Body Mass Index (BMI) on page 151 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra. Use the formula given using pounds and inches for finding the BMI at the end of the first paragraph in order to find the four intervals the article mentions:
- 17 < BMI < 22 might have a longer life span than average
- 23 < BMI < 25 probably not overweight
- 25 < BMI < 29.9 probably overweight
- BMI > 30 obese
You will use
your height to plug into the formula to solve for W, the weight range that will go with each category. You may prefer to solve the formula for the variable W before plugging in values, which is fine.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Write a two to three page paper that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the Instructor Guidance and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, please make sure to include:
- Your solution to the above problem, making sure to include all mathematical work
- A discussion on the computed weight ranges and some reasons why they could be misleading
- An evaluation of the regions outside of the â€œprobably not overweightâ€ range using both set notation and interval notation. Include a simple graph of the regions. (See Instructor Guidance example for some ideas of how to do this.)
- The incorporation of the following five math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; but integrate them into your discussion.):
- Compound inequality