|Desired Clinical Skills for Students to Achieve||Confident (Can complete independently)||Mostly confident (Can complete with supervision)||Beginning (Have performed with supervision or need supervision to feel confident)||New (Have never performed or does not apply)|
|Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation skills in:|
|Recognizing clinical signs and symptoms of psychiatric illness across the lifespan||X|
|Differentiating between pathophysiological and psychopathological conditions||X|
|Performing and interpreting a comprehensive and/or interval history and physical examination (including laboratory and diagnostic studies)||X|
|Performing and interpreting a mental status examination||X||X|
|Performing and interpreting a psychosocial assessment and family psychiatric history||X|
|Performing and interpreting a functional assessment (activities of daily living, occupational, social, leisure, educational).||X|
|Diagnostic reasoning skill in:|
|Developing and prioritizing a differential diagnoses list||X|
|Formulating diagnoses according to DSM 5 based on assessment data||X|
|Differentiating between normal/abnormal age-related physiological and psychological symptoms/changes||X|
|Pharmacotherapeutic skills in:|
|Selecting appropriate evidence based clinical practice guidelines for medication plan (e.g., risk/benefit, patient preference, developmental considerations, financial, the process of informed consent, symptom management)||X|
|Evaluating patient response and modify plan as necessary
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
|Documenting (e.g., adverse reaction, the patient response, changes to the plan of care)||X|
|Psychotherapeutic Treatment Planning:|
|Recognizes concepts of therapeutic modalities across the lifespan||X|
|Selecting appropriate evidence based clinical practice guidelines for psychotherapeutic plan (e.g., risk/benefit, patient preference, developmental considerations, financial, the process of informed consent, symptom management, modality appropriate for situation)||X|
|Applies age appropriate psychotherapeutic counseling techniques with individuals, families, and/or groups||X|
|Develop an age appropriate individualized plan of care||X|
|Provide psychoeducation to individuals, family, and/or groups||X|
|Promote health and disease prevention techniques||X|
|Develop SMART goals for practicum experiences||X|
|Evaluating outcomes of practicum goals and modify plan as necessary||X|
|Documenting and reflecting on learning experiences||X|
|Maintains professional boundaries and therapeutic relationship with clients and staff||X|
|Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to improve clinical practice in mental health settings||X|
|Identifies ethical and legal dilemmas with possible resolutions||X||X|
|Demonstrates non-judgmental practice approach and empathy||X|
|Practices within scope of practice||X|
|Selecting and implementing appropriate screening instrument(s), interpreting results, and making recommendations and referrals:|
|Demonstrates selecting the correct screening instrument appropriate for the clinical situation||X|
|Implements the screening instrument efficiently and effectively with the clients||X||X|
|Interprets results for screening instruments accurately||X|
|Develops an appropriate plan of care based upon screening instruments response||X|
|Identifies the need to refer to another specialty provider when applicable||X||X|
|Accurately documents recommendations for psychiatric consultations when applicable||X|
Summary of strengths:
Empathy is one of my greatest strengths and is also one of the most essential needed skills in the healthcare field. This semester, I intend to utilize this skill alongside active listening and attention to detail to give my patients the utmost care. Also, as a clinician, I understand the need to seek help when needed from my preceptor, who has been practizing and, with his expertise in this field, will be able to guide me. I will demonstrate professionalism at all times by being punctual and ready to learn and contribute to the Patient’s well-being as I work towards being a competent Practitioner.
Opportunities for growth:
In the next ten weeks of this practicum session in working with my preceptor and treatment teams, I will be looking for growth in the aspect of learning new prominent signs and symptoms of psychiatric diagnosis, Indications for prescribing specific psychotherapy, strategies to collect patient background, Improve my nonverbal assessment cues and observation of the Patient’s signs and symptoms of mental health disorder. I would also love to know more about handling and addressing family dynamics and individual personalities.
Now, write three to four (3–4) possible goals and objectives for this practicum experience. Ensure that they follow the SMART Strategy, as described in the Learning Resources.
|Goal: I will be able to recognize specific signs and symptoms associated with certain mental health issues by the end of this quarter
1. objective: I will be able to list up to 10 new potential diagnoses with their reasons at the end of this quarter
2. Objective: I will be able to confidently put together a list of potential diagnoses for each client by the end of the quarter
3. Objective: I will observe and have my preceptor explain to me how the Patient’s potential diagnoses are chosen and concluded
Goal: My goal is to work with my preceptor and the rest of the treatment team for the best outcome for the Patient’s health this quarter
1. Objective: To assess and reassess the patients as needed for a positive outcome.
2. Objective: To modify the Patient’s treatment as needed for a positive result
3. Objective: To assess the Patient’s reaction to medication therapy and appropriately make a choice on how to alter the care by using the pt’s information
Goal: My goal is to improve my communication skill, increase my attentiveness to the Patient’s concerns, and learn communication strategy by the end of the semester.
1. Objective: I will watch my preceptor’s way of communicating with the Patients.
2. Objective: I will ask my preceptor and the treatment team questions related to patients to enhance my learning.
3. Objective: I will relate with the Patient on my clinical days as much as possible.
Critical reflection on your growth and development during your practicum experience in a clinical setting helps you identify opportunities for improvement in your clinical skills, while also recognizing your strengths and successes.
Use this Journal to reflect on your clinical strengths and opportunities for improvement, the progress you made, and what insights you will carry forward into your next practicum.
· Refer to the “Population-Focused Nurse Practitioner Competencies” in the Learning Resources, and consider the quality measures or indicators advanced practice nurses must possess in your specialty.
· Refer to your “Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form” you submitted in Week 1 and consider your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
· Refer to your Patient Log in Meditrek; consider the patient activities you have experienced in your practicum experience and reflect on your observations and experiences.
In 450–500 words, address the following:
Learning From Experiences
· Revisit the goals and objectives from your Practicum Experience Plan. Explain the degree to which you achieved each during the practicum experience.
· Reflect on the 3 most challenging patients you encountered during the practicum experience. What was most challenging about each?
· What did you learn from this experience?
· What resources were available?
· What evidence-based practice did you use for the patients?
· What would you do differently?
· How are you managing patient flow and volume? How can you apply your growing skillset to be a social change agent within your community?
Communicating and Feedback
· Reflect on how you might improve your skills and knowledge and how to communicate those efforts to your Preceptor.
· Answer these questions: How am I doing? What is missing?
· Reflect on the formal and informal feedback you received from your Preceptor.
Assimilation and Synthesis: Content Reflection
Reflection demonstrates a high level of critical thinking in applying and integrating key course concepts and theories from readings, lectures, and/or experiences. Insightful and relevant connections are made through contextual explanations and examples.
Assimilation and Synthesis: Personal Growth
Expresses solid evidence of reflection on own work. Demonstrates substantial personal growth and awareness of deeper meaning through inferences, well-developed insights, and significant depth in awareness and challenges. Synthesizes current experience into future implications
Well written and clearly organized using standard English; characterized by elements of a strong writing style; and basically free from grammar, punctuation, usage, and spelling errors.
APA: Contains no APA errors.
PLS use the following as My area of improvements: Communication, Assessments, Diagnosis, Ability to interpret screening tools, professionalism, able Evaluating patient response and modify plan as necessary and few from the clinical skills.