Question:I am a little confused with these five questions… Please help me
1. Why were elite Iberian-Americans initially reluctant to embrace the idea of independence?
They feared that independence would lead peninsulares to return to Europe.
They feared that it might generate revolts among slaves or Amerindians.
They feared that without a strong monarchy, the Catholic Church would gain too much influence.
They feared that cooperation among the various colonies of the Spanish empire would undermine their positions of wealth and power.
2. Calls for political revolution in the eighteenth-century Atlantic world relied on which of the following new ideas?
Nationalism and democracy
Nationalism and mercantilism
Absolutism and capitalism
Absolutism and socialism
3. During the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, how did India’s traditional trade patterns change?
The East India Company retreated from Bengal, ending years of lucrative tax collection.
India turned inward and abandoned the Indian Ocean trade in favor of internal trade.
The East India Company sponsored scholarship to encourage Indians to adopt laissez faire philosophy.
India became an importer of British goods such as cotton textiles, and an exporter of raw materials.
4. In what way did Britain’s political and social environment contribute to the industrial revolution?
It allowed merchants and industrialists to invest heavily in such inventions as steam power.
It encouraged land-owning nobility to grow crops for food for the working class population.
It restricted access to rapidly expanding international and internal markets.
It encouraged women to participate in creating new technology.
5. The industrial revolution brought more demanding work routines to Africa and Asia as well as to Europe and North America.