Instructions: After reading Chapter 26 “Budgets and Cost Control”, from
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Umiker’s Management Skills for the New Health Care Supervisor 7th
answer the ten review questions presented below. You are encouraged (but not required) to refer to other chapters in the book, outside resources, and the Power Point slides to support your responses. Please use proper citations as needed (APA style). You should be able to answer each question sufficiently in 2-3 sentences and no more than 4 sentences. Your responses should be thoughtfully organized and free from typos.Each question below is worth 2 points for a total of 20 points possible.
- Often the productivity of a work group decreases following a layoff even though there is more work to be done overall. Why might this be so?
- In budgeting, why are funds for operating expenses and funds for capital expenditures always kept separated?
- Describe one set of circumstances under which a supervisor may be largely powerless to affect a particular expense charged to the department.
- Is overtime expense fully controllable, partially controllable, or not at all controllable by the supervisor? Explain.
- If the numbers say the organization has to reduce 20 positions, and 20 employees leave via resignation and retirement, why might it still be necessary to reduce positions further and even engage in some hiring?
- How can benchmarking assist the supervisor in determining whether a staff reduction may be necessary?
- What conditions or circumstances in your own department should you consider before deciding to reduce staff?
- The term “reengineering” literally means “engineering again.” Why is so much so-called reengineering not true reengineering?
- As a department supervisor, why might you often not get what you have asked for in the capital budget?
- What information can the department supervisor often supply to finance or information services that can help in developing revenue projections?