True or False
- In 1666 Issac Newton discovered that white light is composed of all the colors of a rainbow.
2. The colors of the visible spectrum are red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet.
3. In 1861 James Maxwell defined light as an oscillating electromagnetic wave.
4. The photoelectric effect indicates that light is made up of waves.
5. Thin film diffraction indicates that light is made of a stream of photons.
6. The best model that science has for the nature of light is that light consists of localized wave packets.
7. The wavelength is defined as the vertical peak to peak distance.
8. Nothing travels faster than light does in a vacuum.
9. If the wavelength of a light wave is 6 x 10^-8 m then the frequency is 5 x 10^16 Hz.
10. If the frequency of a light wave is 1 x 10^12 Hz, then the wavelength is 3 x 10^-4 m.