Watch Joe Navarro’s video, “Former FBI Agent Explains How to Read Body Language.” Answer the following questions, and then continue to the next set of questions.
- What are nonverbals?
- What was Navarro’s job in the FBI?
- What type of nonverbal behaviour is crossing your arms?
- What behaviours indicate deception?
- In the anecdote about the flowers, what did the flowers indicate?
- List two of the nonverbals that Navarro looks at? What do those behaviours reveal?
- After Navarro separates the two women, why are they rocking back and forth in their conversation?
- What are some of the poker players’ nonverbals? What are these nonverbals communicating?
- According to Navarro, why do players shuffle their poker chips?
- In the poker game, which behavior does Navarro point to that indicates engagement with the game.
- “You can have a poker face, but you can’t have a poker ________.”
Watch “Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are.” Answer the following questions and hand the assignment in on Brightspace.
- How can body language affect job interviews and dating?
- Give two examples of nonverbals.
- How does gender affect nonverbal communication?
- What does the speaker mean by “fake it until you become it”?
- What is the relationship between testosterone and cortisol levels?
- Give an example of a high power pose and a low power pose.
- List at least three details that assesses Amy Cuddy’s verbal and non-verbal communication skills.