For this assignment, you will design a research study proposal to examine some aspect of human development. You may select any topic that is of interest to you, as long as it pertains to the lifespan. See “Life-Span Development Resources,” located at http://www.mhhe.com/socscience/devel/life/devel-4.htm, for useful lifespan websites if you are having difficulty selecting a topic.
Submit a proposal of 750 to 1,000 words in which you outline a study you would like to conduct. Proposals must include:
1. Specify a lifespan topic.
2. Explain the topic you have selected and provide reasoning for the research study.
Study Design (e.g., correlation, experiment, quasiexperiment, etc.)
1. Briefly explain the design of the study you are proposing.
1. Explain the methods for conducting the experiment. Address the following question: How would you propose to study the selected topic, and what is the IV/DV, if applicable?
1. Describe in detail the timeframe for the study (e.g., longitudinal, cross-sectional, or mixed design).
1. Summarize your proposal succinctly.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.