You will be required to do a term paper on one of the topics listed below.
- Discuss how the unique physical and chemical properties of water contribute to the importance of water for life on Earth to survive.
- Discuss how the methods of experimentation and observation have changed throughout the history of science.
- Explain the role so called “accidental” discoveries played in the history of science.
- Describe the major experiments and scientists involved in the discovery of DNA as our hereditary material and its structure.
- Explain what role women played in the Scientific Revolution of the 18th Century? What role do women in science play today?
This assignment will be worth 20% of your grade. Your paper should be creative and interesting, and should be a minimum 1500 to 2000 words in length. It should be well-organized and demonstrate an orderly flow of information that clearly addresses the subject chosen.
Grading Criteria Assignments
Maximum PointsMeets or exceeds established assignment criteria40Demonstrates an understanding of lesson concepts20Clearly present well-reasoned ideas and concepts30Mechanics, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling that affects clarity, and citation of sources as needed 10