When your life exemplifies integrity, you are a positive witness to those you interact with. People notice that you are different and ask themselves, â€œWhat is it that stands out about that person?â€ We do not act this way for their recognition, but that they may be drawn to Christ. This is especially important in our desire to bring about peace and social change to those around us.
In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness, and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
Titus 2:7â€“8 (NIV)
Those who are unfamiliar with Christianity, have never attended Church, or are ignorant of the Bible may wonder what makes Christians different from the rest of the world. As Christians, we still face temptations; we sometimes falter, and are poor witnesses by giving into the same sinful behaviors of the world around us. Admit your mistakes, ask for forgiveness, and seek Godâ€™s strength to do better the next time. Stay true to your beliefs and do your best to live faithfully one day at a time. As world changers and peacemakers, you are making an impact on those who are watching you, and you want to shine Christ so they have no reason to question your stand as a Christian.
â€œIn the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heavenâ€ Matthew 5:16 (NIV).
This week, practice self-reflection to evaluate if your life, both your inward thought life and outward behavior, points others to Christ and represents Him well. Think more deeply about these things with regard to promoting social justice and social change.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate Christ-like attitudes, values, worldviews, and ethical and professional behavior within advanced clinical practice. (ILO 1)
- Examine the impact of Christian influences on social welfare. (PO 5, ILO 5)
- Demonstrate character, scholarship, and leadership in becoming a world changer through application to personal life and professional social work practice.
â€œThe Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peaceâ€ Numbers 6:24â€“26 (NIV).
â€œBlessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of Godâ€ Matthew 5:9 (NIV).
â€œI have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the worldâ€ John 16:33 (NIV).
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- In an APA formatted document, write a one-paragraph response to each of the following prompts:
- How might having Christian values and beliefs influence social policy in your community?
- After reading the devotional, what stood out to you the most? How might you use this one thing to affect social change?
- As a social worker, how might you influence social policy and welfare to become a world changer?
- Define Christian leadership and why itâ€™s so important in todayâ€™s society.
- Before finalizing your work, ensure that you:
- Have followed the assignment instructions carefully.
- Use the computerâ€™s spelling and grammar check.
- Use APA format for organization, style, and source credits, including:
- 12-point, double-spaced Times New Roman font
- One-inch margins on all sides
- Normal character spacing
- In-text citations
- Title page and reference page (may not have reference page as it is not required to list Bible in references)
- Properly formatted headings
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.