1. Discuss some of the basic principles of genetics
a. Understand the effects of dominant versus recessive genes.
2. Explore epigenetics or how there can be changes in gene expression without modification of DNA sequences (drugs, trauma, etc.).
3. Differentiate between sensation and perception.
4. Differentiate between rods and cones.
5. Describe the visual pathway of how we see stimuli.
6. Describe the auditory pathway of how we hear stimuli.
7. Define absolute sensory threshold.
8. Compare and contrast bottom-up and top-down processes.