ASSIGNMENT 3: IMPACT OF CHANGE ON AN ORGANISATION
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Due date: Time: Value: Length: Based on:
Friday, 18 May 2018
23:59 hours (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
2200 words ± 10%
Learning outcomes 1-3
Electronically through MyLO Assignment Submission Folder
Before attempting this assignment:
Ensure the ‘Assessment’ section in this Unit Outline is read and understood. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the lecturer.
Ensure you understand the assignment question(s) and/or tasks. Once again, consult your lecturer should you be unsure of any matters.
Note: All students are required to submit this assignment to be eligible to undertake the final unit examination.
Task description & requirements
- Select any company involved in the Transport and Logistics industry, preferably your own organisation or one you are familiar with upon which to base your answer. It can be the same organisation that you used for Assignment 2. As the nature of the information may be industry sensitive you can be assured of our care to maintain confidentiality.
- Should you select the same organisation as for Assignment 2 you will still need to provide the organisational information in this assignment even though you have provided it previously. You must clearly identify the company, providing the full and real name of the organisation in your answer.
- Provide a brief description of the company, the nature of the business and the approximate number of persons employed by the company. Include an organisational chart if available (please do not spend time reproducing the chart – a scanned copy or one from the website included as an Appendix is acceptable). This section should not be calculated in your word count as it provides the assessor with background information.
Department of Maritime and Logistics Management – JNB517 Management 19
- Should you not have a suitable organisation upon which to base your answer please contact the Unit Lecturer.
- Identify a situation in your organisation, department or work group where you would like to make a change. You are encouraged to contact the Unit Lecturer to discuss your topic choice before starting the assignment.
- Identify clearly and specifically the change that you wish to introduce, explaining why it is needed. [5 Marks]
- Provide a brief analysis of the current organisational conditions including but not limited to the following areas of interest:
- Impact on culture
- Likely resistance
- The pressure for change
- The stakeholders involved and their likely reactions
- Impact on motivation and use of teams [10 Marks]
- On the basis of your analysis, provide recommendations for the implementation of the change. Your answer must address strategies and leadership matters to overcome resistance to change and to encourage engagement throughout the change process. [10 Marks]
Required (supporting your response/answer):
Throughout your answer use examples, either real or hypothetical to illustrate your understanding. If you are or have been employed in a suitable organisation, you are encouraged to use your work situation where appropriate to explain the ideas.
Primary resources and readings provided in the study guide or ones you have independently sourced must be accessed to support your position.
See the Essay/report assessment criteria sheet on the following page for information about the criteria and the standards by which your work will be judged.
Department of Maritime and Logistics Management – JNB517 Management 20
Unit code: JNB517 Assessor:
Assignment 3 feedback form: Essay
Unit title: Management
1. Depth & breadth of knowledge demonstrated
All relevant concepts clearly explained
Evidence of wide reading & independent research
Main concepts covered and clearly explained
Range of resources used with discrimination
Main concepts covered but some not clearly explained
Reasonable use of some quality resources
A number of important concepts overlooked or insufficiently described
Limited use of some quality resources
Majority of key concepts not addressed or misunderstood
Little/no evidence of use of resources
2. Quality of thinking in evidence
2.1. Application of theory to solve problems/issues
All theory applied with precision
Most theory applied proficiently
Some important theory not applied appropriately
Limit application of theory
No theory applied
2.2 Depth of analysis &/or evaluation
Identifies the significance of all relevant factors
Critically & comprehensively evaluates evidence, experiences, practice
Identifies most factors & their significance
To good depth, evaluates core evidence, experience, practice
Identifies most factors but some significance/interr elationship ignored
Reasonable evaluation of evidence, experience, practice
Overlooks a number of important factors &/or inter- relationships
Shallow evaluation of evidence, experience, practice
Most factors and their inter- relationships overlooked
Little attempt to evaluate evidence, experience, practice
3. Quality of communication
3.1 Logical structure & organisation
Organisational methods effectively used to facilitate understanding
Very Clear & coherent flow of ideas
Generally organised to facilitate understanding
Mostly clear & logical
Basically clear and logical
No meaningful organisation
Generally illogical & unclear
3.2 Clarity & succinctness of writing
Crystal clear, precise & appropriate
Technically error- free
Mostly very clear & appropriate
Technically, mostly error-free
Occasionally unclear or inappropriate
Some technical errors
Frequently unclear &/or inappropriate
Numerous technical errors
Generally unclear &/or inappropriate
Technically, deficient to the point of distraction
4. Conformance to referencing standards and MLM formatting guidelines
Sources acknowledged professionally
Sources in the main acknowledged professionally
Some important sources are inappropriately acknowledged
Significant lapses in appropriately acknowledging sources
Sources poorly acknowledged
Faultless application of prescribed style
prescribed style applied with occasional errors
prescribed style basically applied with frequent
Inconsistent application of prescribed style
* Please note that the criteria listed above are not necessarily of equal weighting, nor are they all-inclusive; they give an indication of your performance.