Problem 1: A Simple Integration Problem
Suppose you own a small business that supplies household supplies (e.g., towels, kitchenware, home decorations, etc.) to a large retailer such as Sears. By using the Frank Furniture Store example in chapter 1, develop a sketch of integrated architecture for your company. Specifically, answer the following questions.
- What will be the enterprise architecture of your business? Just show a diagram.
- What will be the integration issues (list 3 to 4) that your company has to deal with?
- What role will the basic web technologies (e.g., web browser, web server, web gateway, HTML, and HTTP) play in this case. Illustrate through an example.
- Show a simple example of a purchase order (as an XML document) sent from the buyer (Sears) to the seller and the shipping statement, also in XML. The XML documents can be very simple (around 5 elements).
- Show, through a diagram, the role an ESB will play in this case.
Suggestion: Please review Chapter1 and the Chapter1 slides before attempting this problem.
Problem 2:Web and XML Review
- By surfing the Web, find 10 different variants of XML (e.g., VoiceXML). For each, give a one-line description of where it is being used.
- Develop XML representation of who you are, your academic background, what courses you have taken at HU so far, your favorite city, and your hobbies, etc. This document should have about 10 elements and not more than 30 statements.
- Create a DTD for this XML document (define some optional and required features) and validate the XML document through this DTD. Please note that we will validate your XML and DTD files.
- Develop HTML webpage of who you are, your academic background, what courses you have taken at HU so far, your favorite city, and your hobbies, etc.
Suggestion: This problem requires a basic understanding of Web Technologies and XML (the material commonly covered in ISEM501). To brush-up your knowledge of Web and XML, please do the following:
- Review the voice annotated slides on Web-XML, 1 hour, URL = http://harrisburgu.adobeconnect.com/p4j3w0wgz36
- Visit the www.w3schools.comfor short tutorials on web and XML technologies
- Review Chapter 6 of the text on Web Technologies and XML