Some of the manifestations of social change in the United States include an influx of women into the workplace, same-sex marriage, an increased number of interracial marriages, online dating, and an increase in the number of children born outside of wedlock. These changes may seem challenging now, but with time, may become a norm. For example, what about the extensive use of body ink today? In the 1950s and 1960s, people sporting tattoos on their arms (much less their entire bodies) were stereotyped as “trashy” or “up to no good.” Today, acceptance is widespread, and it is common to see body art.
The list below briefly describes some recent social changes.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Interracial marriage
- Women in the military
- Same-sex marriage
- Adoption of children by same-sex couples
- Females as the family breadwinners
- Paternity leave for fathers
- Decrease of traditional families
- Rising age of first birth
- Changing racial populations in the US
1) Choose 1 that you may have difficulty accepting, and explain why. Note: If there is a different social change that you want to discuss, please consult your instructor.
2) Now, take an opposing viewpoint to the change you discussed, and prepare an argument as if you supported it. For example, if you oppose same-sex marriage, what might someone who supports it say? Does this perspective help you understand why someone would be in favor of same-sex marriage? Note: You must support your argument by including at least 2 academic resources.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about his or her Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings
400-600 words with 2 references. You’re an Angel goodnight sleep well know that I love and appreciate you with all my heart