- Paper must be typed and submitted in a file format that is commonly readable (Word or .rtf files are best).
- Paper should be 6-7 pages in length when double-spaced and using a 12 point font.
- Include at least four sources; the textbook may be used as one of your sources.
- Please DO NOT cite any online reference encyclopedias such as Wikipedia, Britannica, or Encarta.
- Your sources should consist of scholarly journal articles and books available through the Ivy Tech Virtual Library ONLY.
- All sources must be cited (must have an end note or a foot note) and the source included in a bibliography. The format of the citations and bibliography must be of a nationally accepted formatting system such as MLA or APA.
The paper must be based upon YOUR CHOICE of one of the following
A. Compare and contrast the concepts of determinism,compatibilism, and libertarianism, as outlined in Chapter 4. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each of these positions? Which one do you believe is the most likely to be correct? Why?
B. Compare and contrast the ethical theories of Aristotle and Immanuel Kant as outlined in Chapter 9. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each of these positions? Which one do you believe is the most likely to be correct? Why?
C. Choose two perceptions of the “self” from Chapter 3 and compare them. Which one seems most plausible to you and why?
D. Compare the Buddhist Simile of the Chariot and Plato’s Chariot Analogy. How are the same and how are the different?