Think about an industry in which you are interested that sells products/services directly to consumers (business-to-consumers or B2C). You will take on the role of an entrepreneur starting a new business in this industry. As the goal of any business is to fulfill the needs of their target market leading to a profitable existence, it is in your best interest to have a good understanding of the needs of your potential target market. In an effort to do this, complete the following:
- Introduce the business that you are starting, including the industry, product/service offered, and a description of the target market.
- Develop a questionnaire for assessing customer preferences within this industry. Review the pointers in this unit’s lesson as you compile your questionnaire.
- After each question, explain the rationale for the question. Why would the responses to this question assist the marketer in understanding the customer?
- At the end of the questionnaire, describe the sampling process that might be used. Why would you use this sampling process?
The assignment should be completed in at least three pages. Do not use a question-and-answer format; instead, use an es sayformat with subheadings to separate sections. The questionnaire should include at least 15 questions with four multiple-choice responses for each question. Think about demographics of your respondents as well as specific questions on the topic. Adhere to APA Style when constructing this assignment, including a title page. Please note that outside sources, a reference page, and an abstract are not required. Note: In your Unit VI Assignment, you will be asked to distribute this questionnaire to at least 15 respondents in hopes that 10 will respond. Your goal will be to analyze the results provided by an online survey tool. It would be wise to begin creating this list of respondents before you get to Unit VI to be better prepared for the assignment.
UNIT III CASE STUDY MKT 8301
(Continuation) Wendy’s: History and Life After Dave Thomas
Review the case you read in Unit I, starting on page 761 of your textbook. After reviewing the case, address the following topics.
- Discuss the role of experimentation in helping Wendy’s determine its optimal level of advertising expenditures.
- Evaluate the use of primary type scales in measuring consumer preferences for fast-food restaurants, and differentiate nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio scales.
- Compare and contrast the use of Likert, semantic differential, and Stapel scales in measuring consumer preferences for fast-food restaurants.
This assignment should be completed in at least two pages. You must utilize two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles to support your responses, one of which must come from the CSU Online Library. Adhere to APA Style when constructing this assignment, including in-text citations and references for all sources that are used. Please note that no abstract is needed.